Computer numeric controlled machining (CNC) is a manufacturing process, first introduced between the 1940s and 1950s. The process involves different accurate cutting instruments that remove material from the item. Contingent upon the Computer Aided Drawing (CAD), with cutting edge programming tools can control. This manufacturing process helps you in designing a sketch for production with the opportunity of altering and making changes. The latest CNC machining services use such software that generates computer files having commands which allow it to operate the machine for production. Commonly used CNC machining services include cutting, drilling, grinding, milling, etc. Often these basic operations programmed into single units or sometimes into different heads involve in performing tasks.
CNC turning applied to specific kinds of parts. Manufacturers used this machining process to imprint materials and called it turning because the workpiece rotated as it works. Specialized software use to control the motion and speed of the machine for accurate and précised results. You can create round and tubular shapes with the help of the turning process and use it for designing prototypes and final products. Turning technology can be applied to different materials like stainless steel, copper, brass, aluminum, nickel, magnesium, and plastics as well.
- You can create round and cylindrical shapes correctly and quickly using CNC machining services and repeat process until desired results achieved.
- Commonly used for specific shapes but can perform a variety of cuts like drilling, threading, knurling, etc.
- It works at professional standards and produces quality results.
Specialized computer software is used to control the movement and speed of spindle to generate accurate and sophisticated pieces with high angled pressure. Milling is a particular kind of precision machining. It helps in shoulder and face milling, drilling, tapping, and turning.
Milling can work at different angles so you can create different complex shapes that would be difficult for other precision machines.
It can produce pieces of various shapes, sometimes can create irregular shapes as well, if demanded.
- Electrochemical Machining (ECM) – Working Principle, Equipment, Advantages and Disadvantages with Application
- Ultrasonic Machining (USM) – Main Parts, Working Principle, Advantages and Disadvantages with Application
- How Electron Beam Machining Process Works?
The machine uses the electric discharge to acquire the desired shape, also known as spark eroding, die sinking, wire erosion, etc. Sinker EDM and Wire EDM are two types of electric discharge machines.
For finishing the product, a cutting element of the machine removes extra material from the surface. A computer program controls these elements of CNC machining like disk, wheel, and abrasive belt. After using all CNC machining services like milling, turning, cutting, drilling, etc. particular types of equipment are used for applying other services like finishing, polishing, heating, etc
The machine can bore holes using Computer programs, into all kinds of materials of different sizes and shapes as required.
Benefits of using CNC Machining
- Reduce labor cost
- It is versatile
- Produce high-quality products
- Create a product of any size and shape
- Efficient in producing complex designs
- Provide quick solutions.
Check out RapidDirect for more worldly best machines in the manufacturing industry.