In this article, we will study what is engineering mechanics and its types. For an engineer, the knowledge of engineering mechanics is essential in order to take his job skillfully. Almost in every field it is used, whether you take automobile industries, defence, aerospace, medical science etc. So lets explore about it in detail…
What is Engineering Mechanics?
It is the branch of science in which it deals with the laws and principles of mechanics, and their application with engineering problems. For an engineer, the knowledge of mechanics is very essential. It helps an engineer in planning, designing, and construction of various types of structures and machines. If an engineer studies engineering mechanics in systematic and scientific manner than he can take up his job more skillfully.
Engineering mechanics is divided into two parts, the first one is statics and the second one is dynamics.
- What is Mechanical Engineering?
- Different Types of Engine
- What is Lathe Machine? Main parts, Operations and Working
It is the branch which deals with the forces and their effects on an object or a body at rest.
- For example, if we have an object or a body at rest and we deal with the forces and their effects that are acting on the body than we are dealing with static branch of engineering mechanics.
It is the branch which deals with the forces and their effects on the bodies which are in motion.
- For example, if we have a body that is moving and we are dealing with the forces and their effects on the moving body than we are dealing with dynamics branch.
Types of Dynamics
Dynamics is also divided into two branches and these are:
(i) . Kinetics:
Kinetics is defined as the branch of dynamics which deals with the bodies that are in motion due to the application of forces.
(ii) . Kinematics:
It is defined as the branch of dynamics which deals with the bodies that are in motion, without knowing the reference of forces responsible for the motion in the body.
This is all about what is engineering mechanics and its types. If you find anything missing and incorrect than comment us. And if you find this article informative, than share and like us on Facebook.